
So, as many of you know I have the very rare, and dare I say exotic, combination of blond hair and brown eyes. But, some people (brett montgomery) seem to think that because of this interesting combination my genes are all messed up. Actually the direct quote from this person is, "Krystle, you have a messed up punnett square."
Upon further research of punnett squares and dominant and recessive genes, I have found that brown eyes usually always trump blue eyes. This would be unfortunate for someone who believes that blue eyes are always better then brown. I submit that they are NOT.
However, I believe that I have a dominant recessive gene for brown eyes, so it would be possible for my children to have blue eyes (pretty much a 50/50 chance). Not that I care, maybe I WANT ALL my children to have brown eyes!
Blue eyes are fine, but really would I want to deprive my future children of my exotic combination? No, I think NOT.
But, if any of my readers have better knowledge of punnett squares and genes, PLEASE share your knowledge, so this blue vs. brown debate can end!!!

10 years ago


3 comments:
i'm taking genetics next quarter... i'll find out for you.
what you have already seems pretty right on though...
I praise you for the update. well done my creative friend! I happen to think as a rare exotic beauty, you shouldnt have to explain your mysterious punnent square to ANYONE. I certainly wouldnt want people running around and choosing marital partners based on mimicking krystles rare eye genes.
And also, blue eyes are creepy on babies. You can practically see their brains through them. Like fish eyes.
Also, I have green and Gabe has blue - so maybe our kid will have some sort of aquamarine tint? do you see whatyouve done? now I have to make my own damn sqaure for the baby! THANKS
brown eyes are better.
and let's be honest Steve-O... you don't actually learn what the class is titled.
Post a Comment