Here are the two blurry photos I took on our recent ward camp out. Maybe I need to learn the different modes on my camera. But, we did have a great, memory making, time. There's just something about everyone being a little uncomfortable and in a different environment, that tends to bring out the crazy in people.
My crazy. At 3 in the morning I say to Brett, "I have to go the bathroom really bad. But I don't want to use that gross one. I just want to squat. I think we can make it work if you hold my legs." WHAT?! How would that even work?! But it totally made sense in my messed up camping mind.
Brett's crazy. Loud house/techno music starts going somewhere in the 4am region. All of us in our tents wake up, a little ticked. Brett and our friend Tim decide to go "check it out." They find the music coming from a truck up the road. They flash their flash lights at the car, the music stops. But, this is not enough for Brett, this man should not be allowed to play his loud music again. He goes and taps on the stranger's (who might have a gun) window and politely tells the man, who happens to be listening to loud music, by himself, in the wilderness, in his truck, to stop playing loud music. Luckily, this man was not a pyscho-killer and Brett and Tim are alive to tell the tale...and we got 2 more hours of sleep, thanks guys.
10 years ago


6 comments:
We didn't hear either of those stories - good ones. I rather tell stories about my stay at the hyatt.
Hey! I thought the only people that did ward camps lived in Hawaii. Good job! All I could think when I was reading your crazy is that you are obviously married now.
YOu guys are too funny. Glad you got to go camping. Fun.
HAHAHAHAHA. I wish I could have been there.
all this humorous post lacked was photographic evidence of what I shall call the rather awkward 'leg holding' incident. I will remain incomplete until a reenactment is made to show us all what the heck you were thinking at 3 am with camping brain.
But my real questions is...did you and Bret pack your day shoes/night shoes? If not, you didnt truly camp. even if you made out in the middle of the night.
I thought for sure they were going to get shot. I am really glad though they stopped that music so we could get some more zzzz's. So it was definitely worth the risk :)
Thanks for adding me to your blog. I'm glad we're blog buddies now too!
Post a Comment