Sunday, December 5, 2010

We Made Christmas








What can we say, the Christmas spirit has hit us Monty's hard this year. My "vision" for decor this year was kind of a rustic/sparkle :) So, I have put burlap everywhere, and even tested out my fancy, new, early Christmas present, from my mother-in-law Christine, sewing machine! Another highlight was the super amazing advent calendar that Aunt Cinty MADE for us...she is SO kind and SO talented.

We feel pretty darn cheery and constantly have classic Christmas songs playing, it, is, AWESOME!!! To top it off Brett surprised me with poinsettias and eggnog! He's the best, period. To top off the top off, we had friends over for dinner to enjoy our Christmas dishes.

Just lovin' the Christmas over here!

9 comments:

Darcie said...

a sewing machine is the best gift ever! the only thing you're missing in your christmas-ness is SNOW! Come to utah :)

Unknown said...

nicely done. And damn you and your inner Martha Stewart that makes the rest of us look like craft-tards.

Tasha said...

Woot woot!! I love it. I love that you got one of my Mom's advents this year. I had fun getting to hear about it all along the way! So lucky.So fun. All of your stuff looks fabulous. I love all the burlap. I am kind of a rustic fan. Merry Christmas!!

Allana said...

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad that your christmas decor puts ours to shame as you are an interior designer and also have a legit, married-person home instead of a pieced-together bachelorette pad...

Lori said...

It is fun to see your Christmas all set up. It seems you have been married for years with all the things you have. That is a very cute advent calendar.

Malerie said...

Love it! Everything looks wonderful (of course it would). Those dishes bring back fun memories. Wish we could have dinner and decorate cookies this year with you :( Have fun! We miss you!

Jamie said...

Beautiful!!! I wish we were close enough to come admire your love cave in person. I just love you and all your mad skill, K.

Darby Family said...

Spode china is the BEST!!! I grew up eating on Spode at Christmas time. Your house looks beautiful!

Sondra said...

Guess I had better start doing something to my house since you'll be seeing it this year!! NO, wait...I have a better idea. You can just do mine when you get here!