So, I am one of those people that absolutely adores their birthday...really. Brett even told me (as I was a little sad at mid-night) after my "special day" was over, that he had NEVER met anyone who loved their birthday, more then me. Its true.
But can you blame me? In my house growing up birthday's were amazing. You got to do whatever you wanted and force whoever you wanted to join you. You got to eat on a special plate, select your fav dinner, you got presents, you didn't have to do chores and...you got to pic out whatever cake you wanted. In short, my childhood birthday's were pretty magical.
My 24th birthday was no less magical. Brett really stepped up to the plate. Well...in all areas, but one.
I came home from work and brett had slaved away making me a beautiful cake for my birthday. What a man. I thank him and then examine the cake. "Brett?"...yes..."What kind of cake is this?" Brett-"Its fun-fetti cake with vanilla frosting"..."Brett, isn't that YOUR favorite cake?!" And thus started a heated debate about if birthday people really get to select their own flavor of cake...THEY DO! It was a pretty good time, and it will definitely be a good story for the children.
Other then "the cake" and the fact that I was "deathly-ill" my birthday was amazing! We had a fabulous lunch in westwood, good delicious ice cream sandwiches, and went to one of my favorite places in the world, The Getty Museum (in LA). And (being serious) the best part was that I got to spend the WHOLE weekend with my sweet husband...bliss.
10 years ago


7 comments:
Yay for sweet husbands and Yay for LA!
Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a fabulous birthday weekend. I am a believer of birthdays being wonderful and magical too!! Birthdays are suppose to be great :)
Wohoo!! I love Diddy Riese ice cream and cookies. We always try to go either before or after the temple!! So glad you had a great b-day. I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow. :)
Happy Birthday Krystle! I think Brett is the best present you could ask for. (Don't tell him I said that)
Happy Day to you! I am all about birthdays too and think the birthday girl should have everything her way for at least that one special day (though I try to stretch it out for a full week). What a fab hubby you've got! Jealous you went to Diddy Riese- LOVE IT!!
You are so stinkin' YOUNG!
I am glad that you feel your childhood birthdays were magical. Birthdays are special and so are you. I am so glad that you were born! love you Krystle Annie!
happy belated bday! your post was so funny because i completely relate to it! bdays are a HUGE deal in my fam too, with multiple celebrations, cake and presents. naturally, I expect(ed) that from my man. our first year married i told him EXACTLY what my expectations were so that there would be no questions on the big day. i am sad to report that my first bday had a few tears because i didn't get a cake and wasn't happy with the surprise present (when again, i was very specific about my expectations). i can chuckle now, but we're still working on making them perfect. :)
Post a Comment