Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Good Day

Two great things happened this week, on the same day:

1. Brett's basketball team, the UC 2 Ward, won the multi-stake tournament this week!! There were 56 teams in the tournament and they were UNDEFEATED!!! Go them! I was a good little wife and went to just about every game. And I must say the cutest part was watching all the post game man-love via text/emailing. They'd win a game and then talk about it ALL week. Adorable.


The three of us were there at just about every game. The games were fun, but really it was fun just to chat it up with these fun girls!

2. I got into graduate school at SDSU. I'll be getting my Master of Art, with an emphasis in interior design. I am SO excited! Let the countdown begin!!! Although I don't like Brett calling me an Aztec. I started at UCSD so it will always be my first love school. But hopefully that will change and I'll be a proud Aztec someday :)

14 comments:

Kat said...

Congrats! That's awesome (for both you and brett :)

Maren said...

Congratulations Krystle!!!! And Brett too but somehow I think Krystle's is more of a long-term thing...Anyway, I'm a proud Aztec, and you will be too! Especially because they don't make you sell your left kidney to pay for the tuition there (talk about CHEAP grad school). Are you guys sticking around in our area, or moving closer to school for you???

Fosters said...

Once you get out of grad school and become a great interior designer I will put you at the top of my list for helping me out if David goes big!
P.s. Why am I not on your blog list??

joyous said...

Congratulations, Krystle! That is really exciting. Good luck in grad school. :)

And I'm so proud of Brett too. I remember when he was younger and all he wanted to do was play basketball, so he would pray every night to grow taller! Looks like the prayers were answered....just not exactly how he thought. :)

I miss those days of intra-mural sports at BYU. I loved hanging out with the wives and watching the boys play basketball, flag football, indoor soccer, ultimate frisbee, etc. So glad you guys are having fun!

Tasha said...

SOOOO Cool! Congratulations to Brett on winning the basketball tournement (I actually love that your stake has this!) and BIG congratulations about getting into graduate school. SO COOL and EXCITING!!! What a good week!

Emily said...

Congrats! Go Aztecs:)

Lori said...

It's been a very good week for both of you. CONGRATS - We love you much!

The Benches said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!!! That picture is classic. Love it. Totally shows your excitement! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! But damn you and your smarty pants. Ill be thinking of you learning and growing intellectually as my brain and body turn to mush this summer as Im dying in postpartum hell. oops - 2 swear words. Sorry.

I will enjoy living vicariously through your college experiences - post lots about how hard and terrible it is so I dont enroll in Nursing school again :)

lisa c. said...

Congratulations!!! I didn't know you were heading to grad school, so that is awesome...happy for Brett too and winning, though the La JOlla ward bombed out, i'm glad i know folks on the winning team:)

Sondra said...

Congratulations!! First to you, and then to Brett. You are such a talented couple!

Darby Family said...

Congrats! What a smart girl you are.

amy jane carpenter said...

Congrats Krystle!!! So happy for you! :)

sara said...

Go Brett and going undefeated in his basketball tournament...I used to go to some of his games in HS. It was so fun. Go you on getting into grad school. Awesome!!