


A few weeks ago we went camping with some friends. It was only about 1 hour outside of San Diego. We had dressed for late April cold San Diego weather (50/60 at night). Much to our surprise we got SNOW instead. That's right 6 inches of snow covering our campsite and more like 40 degree weather. Awesome. One of our friends was even wearing shorts. Well, it was an "adventure" for sure.
We had brought games and delicious food. But we pretty much just stayed as close the the fire as we could and didn't have the energy to play games. Sad. How did those pioneers do it? No, really? But don't worry we still a good time.
At about 10pm we called it quites and nestled into our sleeping bags. I tried and tried, but really it was just too cold for me to sleep. So, I turned to a sleeping Brett and poked his nose (which was the only part of his body outside of his mummy bag). He awoke, and I said, "I'm cold, I can't sleep, help me." He immediately turned my sleeping bag into a mummy bag moved my pillow, worked some magic, held my ears and started blowing warm air on my face. Comical, yes. But, all I could say as I was thawing out was, "Thank you".
Its amazing how sometimes, even though you are a fully capable woman, you are just helpless and need your husband. In some situations, they're just really nice to have around :)
10 years ago


6 comments:
Sorry, you get it from your mother. I can not stand to be cold either. Camping in tents not my style. I wouldn't say I necessarily need a Hyatt just a nice camper. I bet you will never forget this overnighter. Glad you have a good husband to take care of you.
but did you pack your day shoes/ night shoes?
Awww....I love this post. I'm glad you have a good husband.
Sweetness - I found your blog! And now I have a question - how much would you charge me for an online design consultation? I'm stuck on something and I need some designing woman help!
You are so funny!! Glad Brett could get your sleeping bag warm for you. Last summer we went to vegas (in August!!) and went camping in the moutains by there...yes there are mountains...and it was 34 degrees that night!! Seriously. Did not plan for that. It was fun...but man I was FREEZING. And so were our boys. Glad you had fun. Hopefully the next camping trip is not so crazy cold
SO fun!!! We love camping! We are possibly thinking about coming to San Diego for the baseball conference tournament and if we do we are coming to visit you guys!!!
Post a Comment