


Just in case you were wondering, Nevada City is actually in California!! We definitely did NOT know that. 

I went to a little gem called Sacramento last weekend. I have had several comments like..."why?" Why would I go to Sacramento, I'll tell you why:
-My bestest friend since I was 12 lives there.
-All the streets are tree lined...ALL of them!
-There is a super cute downtown area.
-You can ride your bike anywhere in the city, because every street has a bike lane.
-There is an adorable block called "The Fab 40's" where all the houses are different and beautiful. And they basically look like the American Dream.
-There is an AWESOMELY Delicious french place called "Cafe Rolle", owned by a real french guy.
-They have an awesome drive in movie place, that is $6 for TWO movies.
-There is an old town area like San Diego.
-They have a river and parks everywhere.
SO, as you can see Sacramento is a little diamond in the rough. THAT'S why I went there! I recommend it for a three day weekend, for sure.
10 years ago


8 comments:
Sacramento does sound nice. Aren't you glad you got over Jenny's rolly backpack in middle school? She has been a great friend to you. Also, I like your and Jenns little headbands with the flowers.
I liked the headbands too. It inspired me to wear mine more often. And your trip to Sacramento made me all nostalgic for when I was dating Steve. Our first date was to that river you mentioned, and we often would spend Sunday evenings in downtown Sac looking strolling and sitting on a bench looking at the water. Thanks, Krystle! Now I miss Steve (who is gone all week) even more. Glad you had fun, though.
Very fun! Last time, we did the zoo and the fairy tale park (kids), but next time we'll have to check out your fun hot-spots!
I love it too there. Brian is from around there (Actually El Dorado Hills...but it is only about 30 minutes away) and I love it. It is just gorgeous there. And I too love almost all those same things. Although, I have not been to the cool cafe. Maybe I need to try that! Glad you got to go and have a great time.
Continues to top my list as a GREAT destination the following reasons notwithstanding:
a. I was born there
b. I met my sweet sweet husband in High School there
c. Located in the fab 40's is the BEST yogurt shop in the WORLD "Big Spoon" and insanely cute vintage dress shops too!
d. all THREE sets of our parents and tons of siblings are still there and make it my favorite place on earth!
Glad you found some love in Sac-town too!
I'm sold! I have never been to Sacramento before but you have fully convinced me to add it to our list of places to visit before we die :) Sounds like you had a blast!
Umm I am not a good blog follower, or friend to your blog but I finally read this and appreciate your love for my town. I am so glad that we got over the "rock" that stood in the way of our friendship (remember you tripped me and my backpack? - yea I do).
Post a Comment