Thursday, October 21, 2010

Big Deal

Brett has kind of been a "big deal" around our house lately. He ran 26.2 miles in St. George (his first marathon) AND he got his first full time job as a grown up. I really feel like he's taken this graduated-adult-thing to a whole 'nother level this month, with all of his goal accomplishing.

My dad also ran the marathon, it was officially his 10th marathon (Go Dad!). Both of them ran pretty much the time they wanted, we attended the famous convention with lectures and free sport energy things and granola bars. So, I would say it was a successful experience.




Brett's job, has many pro's 1. Its a job...yeah! 2. Its in La Jolla...and he can ride his scooter...yes! 3. Its business-y 4. He has a friend that works there 5. (and probably the most important point) He can still surf as much as he wants before 8pm!!! I don't know why he enjoys leaving the house at 5:30am, but he does. So, I just let him fly. Also he tried something new this week and swam, just swam, in the ocean. Not the ocean by the beach but by the cove, sort of by the seals. A little creepy, I was honestly a little worried he was going to loose a limb or something.


9 comments:

Sondra said...

What an impressive man you have! Go Brett!

Jamie said...

I think its time this man received a Jackman sash. You know he's waiting for one.

Malerie said...

Haha. Congrats, Brett on Everything! We miss you guys and all your silliness :) Glad things are going well!

Lori said...

Now if Brett would just go hunting with Dad I think he would be the perfect son-in-law. Even better if Brett would find an Elk then the sash may be awarded. Congrats Brett we will need to spoil you a little this weekend - prepare yourself!

Carly said...

Go Brett!! I didn't know he was running the St. George... that's out neck of the woods! And hooray for getting a job!

PS. cute hair cut!

Unknown said...

Wow Krystle! I know these were all of Brett's accomplishments, but really who are we kidding? His success just means that you are an outstanding wife!

I had no idea Brett was such an athlete! And so gutsy with his scooter riding AND swimming near seals! whew! Are you shouting your love for him from every mountain top you see??? really, hes quite impressive!

sara said...

Go Brett! St. George was a fun & beautiful marathon didn't you think?! Congrats on the job too!!

Tasha said...

Congratulations Brett!!! That is seriously awesome. Way to run your first marathon and way to get your first "real" job!! That is so awesome. Love you guys!

lisa c. said...

Congratulations Brett! and congrats Krystle on being so wonderfully supportive:) What's the new job? That's great for you guys!