Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bump Watch




I saw this super cute chalkboard pregnancy count on Pintrest

...so I thought I'd try it
Mine is not as cute as the original (I won't show you because you'd really be able to tell my chalk amateur-ness), but it might have to with the fact that my chalk is only 1 color and about 2 inches thick.

Update:

  • I now sleep with multiple pillows on my back and front, didn't know this was needed before you have a legit bump, but there it is.
  • I try to hold real still to see if I can feel any baby movement, but not quite yet :)
  • I feel like nobody told me how hard it was to eat small meals every hour. It takes a lot of planning. Maybe its getting me ready to plan for a baby.
  • My pants are unbuttoned about 100% of the time - yes I use the rubber band trick.
  • I've started feeling the need to make my face and hairlook a little better then normal in order to compensate for other areas.
  • The moodiness has started - oh my poor Brett.
  • Brett brought me flowers for the 2nd time since we've been married. It really was a delightful fall miracle!!!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Fun! I'm pretty sure I looked like your 15 weeks before I was even pregnant...we're talking like since I was 12! You look great. I like the chalkboard idea too.

Malerie said...

So excited! You should get a Bella Band.

http://www.amazon.com/Ingrid-Isabel-Everyday-Bellaband-Black/dp/B001713UIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317522618&sr=8-1

I used it for a long time with reg pants. You're looking so cute! Love the chalkboard idea.

Erin Collins said...

I love the chalkboard idea! You look so cute. I'm sure you will feel the baby move any day now! It felt like popcorn at first for me!

Unknown said...

So. Very. Cute.

I didnt feel this baby move until seriously like 22 weeks...apparently the placenta was absorbing all the kicks. But that is SUCH a great fun moment when it happens. It goes from feeling like a little squirrel - to full on Octopus. At this point I get a kick in every nook and cranny about every 30 minutes. fun at first, and then...you just want to quit peeing your pants when you sneeze.

Target has a great knock off bella band for like $15. I live in those all through my pregnancies so, very worth it.

Also - a WONDERFUL FUN GREAT FAB baby name book that is guarantee will provide hours of enjoyment - is called the Baby name Survey ( i know i know, super original) by Bruce Lansky:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Baby-Name-Survey-Book/dp/0684031647

It tells you what the general public's first impression is of a name, or the feeling a name gives people. - generally it nails it! And its hilarious to sit and read to your family and friends. Gabes name was ridiculously spot on

Tasha said...

I love your chalk board idea!! Yea for pinterest. Do I follow you? I need to if I don't. That is too fun. And honestly, I think what you did is FABULOUS and artistic. Love it. Oh, I am so excited for you guys :) It just makes me happy.

Jamie said...

Yay! You are beautiful. I did NOT look that cute pregnant with my first. :) Hope you're feeling better!

And I second Malerie's Bella Band suggestion. Those things are lifesavers.

Lori said...

See you and your cute bump tomorrow... I feel like I need to go get a Bella Band after all these comments and I'm not even pregnant.

Mauri said...

Super excited for you guys! I love all the fun ideas on pinterest. Luckily for you this is your first baby so you can do all the things I wish I had known about with my babies.