This past weekend I went with the Kaiizen group to an Orphanage in Mexico (I can't pronounce or spell it very well). It was a blast! This was my second trip, and I felt a lot more prepared this time. Here is a list of things I would strongly suggest if you camp/go to an orphanage in Mexico: 1. Tylenol pm 2. Hand sanitizer 3. Eye mask 4. Ear plugs 5. Compact/inflatable mattress (these will pretty much save your life if you wouldn't classify yourself as a "camper").
The kids were of course great, and you could tell loved having us there. It is such an amazing experience that you don't even notice that you haven't showered. Its awesome to see the people that just get right in there and play with the kids like they've been best friends forever.
Of course this post would not be complete without mentioning some of the good times us volunteers had, whilst serving. Here are a few:
-Pina Coladas in Ensenada (virgin of course...but, heaven)
-the guy who insisted on calling most of the girl volunteers "baby girl"
-Peter driving with his "nacho libre mask"
-Greg "all I need is a hat and some orphans"
-mimicking each others ugliest faces...so fun
-and me personally sanitizing Everything
10 years ago


1 comments:
that's right... we wear MASKS in Mexico!
Krystle is the new Maren.
Gracias.
Post a Comment