Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vacation ALONE with my husband...OH YEAH



















Well, Brett and I went to Cancun for our very first vacation alone...also known as a honeymoon. It was incredible! Hot, tropical, very little clothing, adventurous, everything you one could want in a honeymoon! We of course got them to upgrade our room, because it was our special vacation, we ate out every meal and lounged by the pool. I even got a bit of sun...pretty remarkable for me, and Brett added to his great bronze-ness. However, we have both been peeling for weeks, which we feel is a very small price to pay.

We also even ventured out of our lovely resort a couple times. We toured the possible Nephite ruins of Chichen Itza...which was of course awesome. But, my favorite part of the trip was when we were so STINKING HOT that we got little Mexican Ice Creams. Brett and I chose which ever one appealed to us and we began eating. I was done in 5 SECONDS!!!! By this tme Brett's wasn't even HALF WAY gone (and we eat about the same speed)!. So I took a few bits, because he was nice to share with me. Then he STILL had several bites left. So the picture above of Brett with ice cream depicts this moment. I was laughing so hard, out of disgust and anger at my ice cream decision. So the lesson is NOT all Mexican goodies are created equal!!!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

You guys look like you had so much fun. That is such an awesome vacation to start off a marriage.

Peter FNFN said...

tight honeymoon spot. brett, did you get out to surf at all?

Maren said...

Somebody please explain the outhouse/shack in the first photo?

Tasha said...

Looked like a fun Honeymoon!!! Isn't so nice to get away after all the stress of a wedding. So great.

Cassie said...

Aww I love it! these pictures are awesome.