Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanks and Giving

I was thinking about our thanksgiving and really, for us, it was pretty much selfish. People were giving us stuff and we pretty much just said "Thanks". At least we're grateful right???
Every two years we get with my mom's side of the fam and go to a cabin in Zion National park. It is pretty much one of my favorite things, to go there and be with my aunts/uncles/cousins/siblings etc. We play games, ride dirt bikes, watch movies, eat, shot guns and chat it up (pretty WT, I know, but its nice to get back to your roots sometimes). SO FUN! It was Brett's first time, I don't know if he enjoyed himself as much as I did, but we all loved having him there!

This was our FAVORITE thing this weekend. My 3 year old cousin Cate, would make a turkey ANY time you held up your hand and said "turkey". It was adorable!





My mom....Chinese. A little weird, but mostly a good time.



I saw it SNOW...you can't really see it, but I really felt like it needed to be documented.


Pretty awesome view!


Little Montgomery Nugget:
We were able to see Brett's family on Sunday afternoon. And it was "extra special" because we got to meet our future sis-in-law Eleece. She was great, I think we're for sure going to the wedding now :)

And....Brett holding the special Christmas "Chalice" that holds the names for the ACNE (Annual Christmas Name Exchange) where we pick our holiday fate. Yeah, I got Cass this year!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Before anyone comments I would like to say that I was in character. It was our turn to serve dinner so we had a chinese dinner and I was "Ling" the owner of the restaurant. Let's just say I am always open to a good time for my nieces and nephews. I am grateful that I could be with all my family, minus Trev tear, tear!

Jamie said...

Takes a real man to wear that apron.

Sondra said...

Dearest Lori, we all know you and really the Chinese look isn't too surprising. Too bad Wendell wasn't there. That cabin looks great! Love the apron on Brett!

Unknown said...

I hate Thanksgiving. But your post made me think that someday I might be able to control my own family holidays and wouldnt it be nice to go on vacation instead of festering in a pie stinking house!?! Maybe Ill train up the kids to HATE turkey like their mother, and to gag at mashed potatos. And then tell Gabe for their own safety in a few years we should spend November in france.

BRILLIANT!

And how your mother became so chinese Ill never know. Did she kidnap you all from Switzerland? Are you secretly the Von- Jackmans? you can tell me.