Friday, March 18, 2011

Hop Along


Brett, had a bit of an accident the other day...

Well, more specifically - 2 weeks ago - AND he just got his "ankle sprain" checkout out, and, its really a broken foot.

Thank goodness we visited a friend in ER, because we wouldn't have gotten it checked. But, Brett said, "Lets just get it X-Rayed, just to be sure nothing is wrong."

Well....I was pretty ticked, I did not think it was broken. Staying in the ER on Saturday night for 3 hours was not my idea of a good time.

Brett responded to my anger at the situation by saying, "Fine, do you know what...I HOPE its broken."

Well....He showed me, it was definitely broken. Not only that, but he has SURGERY March 23rd.

(Here he is charming the nurses and saying things like, "I have a very high threshold for pain." and "It's ok, I have a metal elbow and screws in my hand")

Well, I know what you are all most curious about it how this is affecting me, right? :)

Well...
  • I can no longer sleep in past 7:30am because I have to get Brett breakfast, its a bit hard to transport cereal on crutches. (I know so sad for me)
  • Brett sleeps with his foot up on a pillow at night, so I can no longer warm my feet on his at night (I have it rough!)
  • I also cannot sleep through his shower and getting ready because the crutches are so loud. (man!)
  • Oh, and I have to make his lunch (bummer)
So, as you can see Brett having a broken foot is really affecting me. But, no need to feel sorry for me, I'll get through this one day at a time. :)


Okay, in serious now, I feel pretty bad for Brett. You could say he's pretty athletic and likes to do things, like running, jumping, surfing etc. He will not be able to do these things for at least 10 weeks. No fun.

He says he looks at all the people walking around and he gets jealous and wants to tell them they don't know how good they got it.

Here is another little side affect of his foot in a cast....instead of pairs of shoes strewn about, I now have single shoes strewn about...he he he

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Brett!!! I hope it heals up for him quickly. Is he getting any more metal body parts? You're basically married to the Terminator, K. Also, the abandoned single shoes cracked me up. That would totally happen over here too!

Malerie said...

So sad. Your post was really funny, though. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery for both of you! :)

Kassidy Jackman said...

I noticed in the picture that "THE PUNK KID" was in the emergency room with you. ha ha Poor Brett, a foot is an important asset. Poor Krystle doesn't like to wake up early like her mother. Maybe you could get a mini fridge and put it by his bed with a bowl of cereal. Better yet, milk in a bowl of ice or cooler on the table with bowl and cereal waiting...

Kassidy Jackman said...

sorry above comment was from Mom I was signed in and she didn't know it...

Michele said...

Brett, the Carnie's hate to say, "We told you so," but......."We told you so!" Good luck with the surgery!

Unknown said...

love the hat in the first picture Brett!!!!

Cass said...

Man, I didn't realize how much this was affecting your life. I hope you're doing all right through it all.