
I spent the past week and half with my fam. It was awesome, as usual. I escaped the fires and the constant smell of bbq, so I am very lucky. Before the unfortunate fires, my sister Kassidy and I went to Sea World. I have always loved sea creatures, as evident by the variously display of them throughout my house. However, we discovered this past week that my sister is what we like to call a "starfish whisperer"...I could not pull her away from that stinken tide pool!
This post however, would not be complete without mentioning my dad's birthday. This special day for my dad consists of dragging the whole family down to Tony Roma's for all you can eat ribs (yes there is usually a bib involved)...enough said. The picture below is very telling, of what i'm not quite sure but...
Note 1: the signs behind us. This is a tradition in which we all write down random stuff about the birthday person and tape them up around the house...usually fairly entertaining.
Note 2: the hallowed out powder horn slung around my father...enough said :)
10 years ago


5 comments:
I just peed my pants a little. This was hilarious. I truly hope your father got his heart of hearts for his birthday. And Im hoping this was not the hollowed out horn thing around his neck...
Also, could Kassidy be ANY cuter? Seriously! Dont squelch her starfish dreams...i think thats just precious! Plus - you LOVE underwater random stuff. I think she wants to be like her sister ;)
Lets catch up this week. I wont go so far as to make a date since im completley unreliable...but i will attempt a long involved phone call.
umm i really like that tradition of writing crap about the birthday boy/girl!
sorry so short... catching up on lots of stuff. blah!
This is a completely random and indecipherable (ok I don't know if that is a word) posting but I like it. I want to know what the horn thing is, maybe that would increase my comprehension exponentially.
maren, the horn is for gun powder. My dad is going to be able to take it with him when he goes hunting. His brother MADE it for him. They grew up on a farm (sort of)...I hope this helps!
I thought the powder horn was a birthday tradition everyone was familiar with. Although in my family, my older brothers usually exploded the powder horn under my pillow on the morning of my birthday, not just hung it around my neck. Still, I thought the birthday powder horn was a recognizable American icon much like the Christmas tractor tire or Easter pizza cutter.
Post a Comment