Brett has been telling me for several weeks now that "designing woman" just doesn't quite represent everyone in The Montgomery Family.
So...To change our blog address...OR not to change?
Brett's reason's for WANTING a change:
-He is NOT a woman
-He does NOT design things
-The current address in NO WAY represents him or his personality/traits
Krystle's reason for NOT WANTING a change:
-It is a pain for ALL our friends and family (approx. 3-4 people) to change the link to our blog
-I'm used to this address, it might be hard to get used to a new one...I have a real difficult time with change.
-Brett doesn't blog
-Those are pretty much it...summary - its a pain for me and everyone linked to me!
So, what our your thoughts my 3-4 viewers...to change or not to change?
10 years ago


14 comments:
Sorry Krystle, I'm going to have to go with Brett on this one. Since your blog title is "The Montogmery's" that does include him. And he does have a point. As far as I know (although I have never met him) he is not a woman. I would be willing change my link so that I could still follow you.
Honestly, it doesn't really matter I can also change my link. And, I would like to confirm that Brett is not a woman, if Sondra comes to Maui I think I can prove it!
Whatever you choose to decide, I will still remain a loyal blog fan of yours.
Change the name. Ideas could be
HeSaid...SheSaid
LifeSublime
MontgomeryMatters
MontgomeryMutterings
TimelessTidbits
MontgomeryMerger
HisFault
Love your blog!!!!
I'm not sure I want to come to Maui now.
Be sure to change Krystle. You two are now one, and a blog is just one way to show that this is so. Your blog will now reflect you both--hopefully. Your readers are flexible; just be sure we are informed of the change. Love, You Sister Kennedy
definitely do NOT change. this is the essence of chauvinism. a man steps into the picture and everything must be his as well? i dunno...
maybe if brett were to blog, which i would enjoy. still, changing a link on my blog is not really an option... i only change things when i want to - and now is not one of those times.
I just have one thing to say. Beware he will not by any means begin to post to your blog, no matter how hard you beg, if you make it a family blog. Just from personal experience. So you should do what you want. Of course, I'm also with Sister Kennedy on this one.
I say don't change your blog address until he starts writing posts. So far it is only your blog, even though it is about your family. If he cares so much about the name of his wife's blog then he'll start to post and at that point you can change the address.
Don't change it...I am lazy and don't want to change my link to your blog either...this is PURELY selfish on my part, sorry Brett!
I personally don't think it's a big deal. Most people have a link on their blog and don't even type in the address, therefore don't even look at it. I had to go back and look it up to see what it said. But this is also coming from the person who has been married 2 years and still haven't changed my hotmail account from my maiden name. Opps! It's just too hard to change it all so I haven't.
Krystle, either way, I'm good. I've supported my friends' switches but am also happy with the status quo.
I say no. Do not change. Maybe just change your title or something. If you are the one to blog then it doesn't really matter what your blogaddress is. Sorry Brett. But, I do love you!
Post a Comment